Seeking a Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) to supervise manufacturing on the 2nd shift in a CNC machine shop environment. This position is located at our manufacturing plant in Fullerton, CA.
Supervises assigned manufacturing departments on the 2nd shift;
Supports department manager in meeting the departmental goals & objectives;
Directs assigned areas in the manufacturing, processing, or support areas to meet customer quality, output and on-time delivery;
Prepares daily production reports and attends department daily production meeting at Daily Management board;
Setting, in concurrence with the department manager, the daily production and quality goals and ensures that these goals are achieved for the assigned areas;
Completes timekeeping requirements for assigned hourly employees on a daily basis;
Schedules employee shifts, approves overtime, vacations and other personnel administrative requests with manager approval;
Ensures employees are taking all breaks and lunches within the required time period;
Analysis and planning of short and long-term department requirements;
Interfaces with other departments to ensure short and long term goals and deadlines are accomplished;
Walks shop floor to ensure all employees are maintaining productivity standards;
Employee relations: promoting team work, coaching and counseling employees;
Ensures employees are in compliance with all company policies and procedures
Coaches employees in their continuous improvement efforts.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution (in engineering preferred, but not required)
• 1 + of supervisory experience in manufacturing OR 6+ months of experience working in an manufacturing facility;
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
Strong written and verbal communication skills;
Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus;
Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs;
Strong problem-solving skills.
• U.S. CItizen/Green Card holder required.
• Experience with the manufacturing of precision machined metal components;
• Experience in a machine shop; automotive or aviation industry;
• Experience with TPS/ Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing principles and programs;
• Experience in the aerospace industry.