Seeking a Senior Information Assurance Research Engineer with an advanced degree (MS or PhD) and 5+ years of experience in system development and Information Assurance for our Electro-Optics Systems department. Candidates with the following background and experience are highly encouraged to apply: cyber-security, internet of things (IoT), edge computing, big-data, and blockchain.
Responsibilities: The Sr. IA Research Engineer will be responsible for participating in system, hardware, and software design activities for products being developed for use in DoD environments. Lead requirements analysis activities to include requirements generation, development and implementation of technical solutions. Contribute to and lead organization-wide efforts across information assurance, encryption, cybersecurity technical areas.
- Play a major, if not lead, role in design, development and implementation of IA subsystems.
- Participate in system (hardware and software) Information Assurance (IA) activities including design, development, implementation, integration, and test of IA system components. Ensure information assurance requirements are met in support of security requirements or certifications if applied.
- Work with government and non-government IA representatives to ensure integration and fielding requirements are understood and addressed.
- Providing technical write-ups related to software development on bids and proposals.
- MS Computer Science, EE, or Applied Mathematics and Physics plus 5 years of system development experience with at least 3 of these years in the Information Assurance domain.
- 5+ years of experience in system development with at least 3 of these years in the Information Assurance domain.
- Must demonstrate proficiency and knowledge in design, test, evaluation, analysis of system, hardware and software architecture.
- Must have experience developing robust software in a production software environment using C/C++, Java, Python, or other relevant language.
- Ability to present technical concepts and designs to Senior Management and customers.
- Must have excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to translate theoretical IA concepts to working software systems efficiently and reliably.
- U.S. citizenship required to obtain security clearance.
- PhD Computer Science, EE, or Applied Mathematics and Physics In absence of BS, a lesser degree in the above disciplines will be considered if a strong portfolio of domain specific experience and/or independent research is demonstrated.
- Experience with cybersecurity research (including network intrusion detection, malware detection, cyber-network defense) is a plus.