Seeking a Senior Research Scientist with a MS or PhD in Applied Physics, EE or CS, and 5+ years communication systems development and implementation experience to participate in opto-electric and opto-mechanical design, and EO/IR sensor hardware and post-processing development activities for products being developed for use in DoD environments. The Sr. Research Scientist will work in our Electro-Optics Systems department and be a part of a highly technical & innovative team.
Responsibilities: The Sr. Research Scientist will be responsible for participating in opto-electric and opto-mechanical design, and EO/IR sensor hardware and post-processing development activities for products being developed for use in DoD environments. Lead requirements, hand-on analysis, system tradeoffs, component development, system integration, and test activities to include requirements generation, and research to provide solutions to address the requirements. Contribute to and lead organization-wide efforts in system integration and test.
- Participate in system design, implementation, integration, and test of system components.
- Execute technical tasks of simulation, selection, modification, integration, and test of components.
- Work with government and non-government representatives to ensure integration and fielding requirements are understood and addressed.
- Providing technical write-ups related to system, hardware, and software development on bids and proposals.
- MS Applied Physics, EE, or Computer Science, plus 5 years of hand-on communication system development and implementation experience. PhD Applied Physics, EE, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in communication system development and implementation.
- Must demonstrate proficiency and knowledge in design, test, evaluation, analysis and certification of system, hardware and software architecture.
- Experienced in hands-on and practical optical and opto-mechanical design (Zemax) and EO/IR sensor development skills.
- Experienced with design CADs (e.g., SOLIDWORKS, CREO/ProE) and/or simulations tools (e.g., MATLAB, COMSOL).
- Experienced in system tradeoffs (e.g., resolution, field-of-view, size, weight, power, cost, manufacturability) and EO/IR component selections.
- Experience in remote sensing including LIDAR and/or imaging optics (visible and infrared) design is highly desired.
- Familiarity with optoelectronic components, opto-mechanical packaging, and/or imaging processing (algorithm, software, or hardware) in military environments is a plus.
- Ability to present technical concepts and designs to Senior Management and customers.
- Must have excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.