Seeking a Staff Accountant for our Finance and Accounting Department. The staff accountant will report directly to the Senior Accounting Manager and will be a key position within the finance team. The successful candidate should be eager to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced research and development and operation. This position will support the accounting team in managing/maintaining the general ledger for financial reporting purposes, assist in our ongoing compliance to maintain sound internal controls over financial reporting. He/She will assist in the execution of all aspects of general accounting, as well as assist with financial reporting. This position will help the organization archive its strategic and financial objectives by executing on deliverables such as:
- Assist accounting team in day to day accounting operations and month/quarter end close process including review of schedules and supporting documentation
- As required, assist the accounts payable and accounts receivable activities
- Prepare accurate, compliant and timely balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Support of financial system software and applications
- Publish timely and accurate monthly reporting schedules
- Support audits (both financial and government cost audits)
- Prepare ad hoc management reports
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Public accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CPA is preferred.
- Strong grasp of US GAAP
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint or a similar ERP system
- 6+ years of accounting-related experience with a combination of public accounting & industry experience. 2+ years of government accounting and reporting is preferred.
- Good communication and management skills
- Highly skilled in Excel or similar application
- Strong integrity, high accuracy, and a team player
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required