Seeking a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer with 7+ years of QA experience in a regulated environment (aerospace/defense/automative/medical device) with a thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2000/AS9100 or AS9110. Our Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for assuring POC’s products meet drawing, specifications and contractual requirements.
- Assist the Quality Engineering Manager and other team members oversee the Quality Management System.
- Assist with developing and improving standards and procedures.
- Ensures on-going ISO/AS9100/AS9100 compliance with the Quality Management System.
- Verify the accuracy or performance of the product and creates a Failure Analysis Report.
- Analyze failures, determine root cause and initiate corrective action on product and internal process failures.
- Ensures customer’s needs are being met per functional specifications.
- Perform QA tasks to assure developed products meet requirements.
- Perform supplier qualification, visits, and audits.
- Utilizes Customer (Internal or External) feedback as an input to drive continual improvement.
- Verifies and validates information flowing to suppliers and validates that the suppliers are responding with requirements.
- Implement, administer and maintain Quality Management System through design, development and production phases on Engineering/Production programs.
- Interface with Program Management, Engineering and Operations in program lifecycle.
- Define, analyze, manage, and improve program metrics.
- Review and perform first article inspection.
- Review program documentations (drawings, assemblies, procedures, reports, etc.) Support design reviews.
- Generate Quality Program Plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science or related engineering field.
- 7-10 years of experience performing Quality Assurance duties in a mission critical environment.
- Experience creating quality, test and inspection plans and documenting results.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of QA process and methodology.
- Experience with complete Software / Hardware system analysis, design, implementation, testing, regression testing.
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2000/ AS9100 and/or AS9110.
- Experience with testing, failure reporting and analysis.
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering requirements.
- Attention to detail and adherence to schedule.
- Good communication skills, good problem solving ability, ability to multitask, ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately, and ability to work with a diverse work force.
- U.S. Citizenship required.