Seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to assure our products meet drawing, specifications and contractual requirements for our corporate campus in Torrance, CA.
- Assist the Quality Engineering Manager and other team members oversee the Quality Management System.
- Verify the accuracy or performance of the product and performs a Failure Analysis Report.
- Analyze failures, determine cause and initiate corrective action on returned product as well as internal process failures.
- Troubleshooting inaccuracies or problems and share results and recommendations with team members.
- Ensures customer's needs are being met per functional specifications.
- Perform QA tasks to assure developed products meet requirements.
- Uses inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for the article being inspected.
- Assist in supplier audits, surveys and corrective actions.
- Flow QA clauses to suppliers and validate supplier QA requirements are met.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Participate in program meetings.
- Review and approve program fabrication, assembly, and test documentations.
- Witness testing activities.
- Support the nonconforming material review process.
- Communicate QA related issues and provide process improvement recommendations to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field
- 3-5 years’ experience performing Quality Assurance Engineering duties in a mission critical environment.
- Experience creating Quality, test and inspection plans and documenting results.
- Experience with hand tools to measure or inspect parts.
- Knowledge of ISO 001:2000/ AS9100.
- Experience with testing, failure reporting and analysis.
- Understand product development life cycle.
- Understanding in hardware drawings and schematics is a plus.
- Attention to detail and adherence to schedule.
- Effective communication skills, good problem-solving ability, ability to multitask, ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately, and ability to work with a diverse work force.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder.