Seeking a Sr. Electronics Engineer (Manufacturing) for our Photonic Systems Division, which specializes in the development and production of advanced sensor solutions for ground and airborne applications. This role will design and develop a variety of multi-disciplinary technologies, quickly turning concepts into functional prototypes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end development of various designs that involve schematic design, PCB layout, fabrication, embedded firmware development, and testing for diverse applications. S/he will be self-motivated to deliver simple, yet innovative solutions to unique customer challenges with minimal oversight and will have an opportunity to grow a technical team for larger scale product development in the future.
- Develop reliable prototype systems and devices (including design, layout, fabrication, testing, and rapid iteration) for new and ongoing research efforts
- Implement embedded control systems using microcontrollers, analog circuits, peripherals (A-to-D and D-to-A converters, FPGAs, sensors, drivers, cameras, memory), and embedded code (in C) for a wide variety of applications
- Manage elements of technical projects with the opportunity to assume larger project management responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers and scientists in the division
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field (advanced degrees preferred)
- 10+ years end-to-end electronic circuit design and development; 5+ years with LIDAR, EO/IR, and RF integrated electronics
- Diverse technical background- knows digital, mixed signals, FPGAs, processors (not a specialist)
- Ability to complete end-to-end development of systems from physical principals to conceptual design, schematic capture, printed-circuit layout, assembly, coding, testing, and validation
- Fluent with C/C++ in embedded and standard computer architectures
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- U.S. citizen/green card holder
Nice to Have:
- Provide cross-disciplinary solutions to include mechanical, software, & optical designs
- Work in airborne sensors