Seeking an Implementation Specialist to play a pivotal role as a core member of our brand new division. You will work closely with the business to help build cutting-edge solutions for our clients worldwide. Do you like to travel for business 75% of the time? Are you a customer focused, technical specialist? If so, read on and let's talk.
- Travels to customer sites throughout North America weekly to implement our In-Office Solution (75% Travel Required)
- Installs, calibrates, and tests machines in accordance with pre-defined policies and procedures; requires use of precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and solves IT and machine related problems including but not limited to, connectivity, Wi-Fi, software and machine related performance issues.
- Configures and setups PC equipment and software.
- Ensures successful connection with scanners.
- Collaborates with the Technical Support, IT, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Product Managers.
- Adheres to all SOP’s, policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years+ experience as a Dental Laboratory Clinician, Medical Device Trainer, Service Technician or IT Technician experience.
- Electrical and mechanical experience preferred.
- Customer focused; must be flexible in dealing with others internally and externally.
- Must have strong written skills to convey technical concepts in concise written form.
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and applicable technical information.
- Ability to communicate problems and statuses.
- Work effectively on a team or independently.
- Proficient skills with the MS office suite (Excel, World, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are preferred.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Dental restoration design experience as a Design Technician a plus.