Seeking a Senior Accountant with a background in public and private accounting (preferred), is a CPA and has a minimum of 4 years experience to assist the Accounting Supervisor in the ownership of the general ledger, month-end close and proper overall financial statement presentation.
- Perform variance reviews of SG&A and other company costs. Research variance root causes and determine action plans to improve financial statement or outlook accuracy.
- Ensure the financial statements are presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- A key contact for the financial statement audit and quarterly reviews.
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle.
- Responsible for researching various technical issues and drafting memos for management’s review.
- Supports the ongoing preparations for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Partnering with other finance and non-finance groups to support design and implement process improvements.
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide timely feedback to the Accounting Supervisor or other management to help resolve issues and/or inefficiencies.
- Lead special projects as assigned by management. Various projects will have heavy interaction with the NA Assistant Controller & NA Divisional Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- 4 + years of professional experience, preferably a mix of public accounting and industry
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Experience with SAP
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, and think creatively
- Detail-oriented with a sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Communicates effectively
- Big 4
- Public Accounting - 4+ years
- Private Accounting- 3+ years