Seeking a Senior Software Engineer for an exciting role within our integrated Systems division. We are fast growing, DoD contractor in Torrance and are looking for a jack of all trades. Someone with a diverse technical background who can do complex algorithm development used for scientific applications. C/C++, Java, GUI, Windows and Linux is required. Must be able to do architecture, design and programming. S/he will have experience in transitioning software prototypes into production code, preparation of technical documentation, and management of engineering projects.
- Be involved with complex application software development for imaging systems, sensors data analysis, software control of hardware systems, modeling, and simulation
- Hands-on development of application software for modeling, simulation, data analysis and visualization applications
- Bachelor's Degree and equivalent experience required. Master’s Degree degree preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in software development using tools such as Qt, Visual Studio, debuggers, databases on Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with development tools including Eclipse and version control systems
- Experience in design, development and unit/system level testing for application software based on libraries such as OpenCV, R, CUDA, BOOST, GIS or similar packages
- Expert level skills in C, C++, Java, Perl, and Python programming and Linux operating systems
- Must have experience in technical writing to produce software documentation
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to learn and work in a wide range of application domains including but not limited to image processing, modeling/simulation and visualization; data-analysis and networking will be a plus
- U.S. Citizenship is required.