Seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to execute complete embedded software development lifecycle. The Software Engineer will create device drivers and have Board Support Package (BSP) experience. Coupled with the design and development experience, this candidate will be an excellent communicator and work under the direction of our VP. We are looking for leaders in this position.
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging embedded software specializing in device drivers and board specific packages.
- Write software requirements, document a software design, and participate in software peer code reviews.
- Take ownership of a software module to completion.
- Author software documentation.
- Access third party, open source software and legacy software (experience in re-hosting legacy software is a plus).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Strong and Solid programming experience in C and/or C++.
- 2+ year of experience in development of application software for embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience coding and debugging on embedded hardware platform.
- Experience with software configuration management tools.
- Complete software design life-cycle experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written.
- Efficiently multi-task and commit to working under deadlines.
- U.S. Citizen required. Green card holder okay as long as you can apply for citizenship now.
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience in DO-178 for safety-critical software a plus.
- Programming on a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) experience a plus.
- Experience in ADA a plus.