Seeking a Sr. Director, Business Development for Advanced Programs. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic “hands-on/get-it-done” individual to contribute to the development of business of the highest importance to the future growth of the Corporation. The Sr. Director, Business Development for Advanced Programs will report to the Vice President, Business Development and be responsible for all aspects of the business development/capture lifecycle, from opportunity creation/ identification through to award and program management, to include customer relationship, opportunity identification, proposal generation and overall customer satisfaction. Additionally, the candidate will initiate, develop, champion and apply best program management (PM) practices to new and ongoing programs, and have a proven track record of successfully completing programs with strong leadership, prudent planning and problem-solving.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will present a proven track record of action management of technically complex programs and engineering tasks, which are essential skills for developing business utilizing cutting edge technologies. The candidate must quickly assume leadership responsibility for capturing large size military programs as well as successful transition to program execution.
- Identification and capture of new business including relevant Small Business Innovation Research with focus on year over year revenue growth.
- Support strategic long-range planning, market analyses and forecast data for DoD and commercial market sector.
- Management of contracts (tasks, schedule and costs) through collaboration with a principal investigator that is primarily responsible for technical compliance of the program.
- Assurance of meeting contractual requirements through planning, monitoring, analyzing and /or expediting.
- Development of program requirements and contract work breakdown structures (CWBS)
- Identification of programmatic risks (technical, cost and schedule) and reporting risk status
- Performance metrics-based program progress tracking and corrective action initiation /monitoring
- Maintaining budget and revenue schedules and communicating status to company management
- Keep technical programs and personnel focused on contractual obligations
- Lead capture and proposal team activities with a focus on customer requirements and budget, competitive intelligence and price-to-win analyses.
- Conduct customer engagements and customer call planning with the purpose of establishing critical trust with senior leaders in Program Offices or with primes contractors.
- Identification of strategic alliances, teammates and partners for key pursuit opportunities.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days and seminars to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals and objectives.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for Foreign Military Sales of existing ISI products in compliance with current ITAR and US Export restrictions.
- Will be required to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or similar with 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in Business Development and/or Program Management experience in management and execution of programs/systems with knowledge of ITAR and US Export restrictions
- Practical understanding of technology transitioning, product/market development, and marketing/product planning for US military applications
- Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements
- Must have proposal development/writing and basic contracting/negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication (presentation, written, and verbal), and relationship building skills. Good problem-solving ability to work with a diverse work force
- Candidate must possess a current DoD security clearance or able to obtain a security clearance
- U.S. citizenship required