Seeking a Group Leader, Embedded Systems with at least five years of electronic system design experience within the avionics industry & an expert in Embedded Systems (Linux, RTOS) and Firmware (Integrity) from concept through manufacturing. The candidate should be able to identify & resolve design and manufacturing issues residing in either in firmware, software, and/or electrical design and be a U.S. citizen.
- Provide electronic systems design expertise within a rapidly growing applied research and development organization. Responsibilities include design, test integration, installation, trouble-shooting, and technical leadership. The successful candidate will provide contribution to designs, products, processes, and intellectual property.
- Execute design, test, integration, and installation tasks in accordance with project team objectives, budget and requirements for avionics projects
- Ensure technical specifications meet customer needs and requirements tracking through DOORS.
- Manage interactions and resolution of customer reported problem reports in a timely fashion.
- Present technical concepts and designs to Senior Management and customers.
- Manage labor and non-labor budgets of all tasks among the assigned projects.
- Initiate and compose technical proposals and review proposals written by others.
- Adhere to and improve documentation procedures in compliance with established AS9100 quality as well as CMMI Level-3 procedures and processes.
- Assist and mentor other engineers in completing their assignments.
- Lead “tiger teams” to identify and resolve design and manufacturing issues which may reside in firmware, software, or electrical design
- Prefer a minimum of a Ph. D with 6 years’ experience, or MSEE with 7 years of experience, or a BSEE and with 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in embedded systems with Linux and Real-time Operating System (Integrity preferable) and firmware such as CPLD, and FPGA circuit design from conceptual stages through manufacturing.
- Capable of generating detailed test specifications and in analyzing test outputs.
- Experience with the complete software product lifecycle from concept formation through verification/validation, transition to manufacturing and sustained support in AS9100 and/or CMMI processes.
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills are essential.
- US Citizenship, Security Clearance (or ability to achieve clearance immediately)