Seeking an Optical Engineer to perform optics-related research (including, but not limited to, optical sensor systems development) under the direction of the Director, Advanced X-Ray & Optical Technologies. This role will allow you to work in an optics lab setting on innovative, cutting edge technologies.
- Design, assemble and test complex Electro–Optical and Opto-Mechanical systems
- Plan & execute optics related laboratory experiments in a collaborative, team environment
- Perform accurate measurements with optical and electronic lab test equipment
- Conduct opto-mechanical setup assembly, alignment, and troubleshooting
- Perform modeling and optimization of optical components and systems using commercially available optical simulation software
- Perform analysis of experimentally acquired data
- Produce written reports for Project Managers detailing the progress of work
- Prepare and track purchasing requisitions/keep lab organized
- BS or MS degree in Optics, Applied Physics, or related scientific field
- Hands-on experience with optical components (lenses, prisms, mirrors etc.), lasers and other light sources, optical detectors, image sensors, and optical test equipment.
- Familiarity with opto-mechanical modeling and design software (Zemax)
- Experience in an optical lab environment required
- Hands-on experience in the development, prototyping, & testing to production of complex EO/Mechanical systems
- Experienced with data analysis and simulations tools (e.g., MATLAB, COMSOL, Igor Pro).
- Ability to develop new concept, carry out design and development, realize prototypes toward viable products, perform test and evaluation, provide documentation (e.g., reports, technical proposals)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder