Seeking a Clinical Microbiologist who is a high-potential individual with clinical microbiology experience to work for a world leader in laboratory automation for the clinical microbiology laboratory. This person will work as part of the R&D microbiology team to invent, develop, integrate and test diagnostic capabilities of an integrated automated platform for use in a clinical microbiology lab.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will work within a multi-functional team to contribute to the development of automated solutions for the evolving clinical microbiology laboratory. They will have recent hands-on working knowledge of clinical microbiology, including pathogen isolation, identification and testing of antimicrobial susceptibility in a clinical setting. They will be skilled in experimental design, data interpretation, and all general laboratory practices, and be adept at interfacing with automated instrument platforms. The successful candidate will be able to independently design, perform, analyze and summarize laboratory experiments with minimal supervision and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills while enjoying working in a dynamic team environment. A basic understanding of product development, and experience in people management are desirable.
Will work as part of the R&D microbiology team to invent, develop, integrate and test diagnostic capabilities of an integrated automated platform for use in a clinical microbiology lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, or a related field, with at least 3 years of relevant, recent, clinical microbiology experience is required. Candidates with an advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D) are preferred.
- Certification by ASCP, ABMT, MLS State licensure or similar professional organizations preferred.
- Recent, hands-on experience in a clinical microbiology laboratory and/or experience in the development of diagnostic devices or assays is required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of clinical workflow, decision making, and diagnostic conclusions is required.
- Experience in people management is preferred. Candidate must have demonstrated leadership capabilities in leading validations, projects, or teams.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated aptitude for solving problems involving biological or instrumented platforms. Experience with data storage, processing and analysis is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a multidisciplinary development group with demonstrated communication and problem-solving skills.
- 2 to 5 years experience
- Do you have any leadership experience?
- Do you have at least 3 years of recent CLINICAL microbiology experience?
- Do you have an ASCP certification?
- Do you have working knowledge and understanding of clinical workflow, decision making, and diagnostic conclusions?