Seeking a skilled Electronics Assembler II with advanced electronics and mechanical manufacturing experience and will be proficient in soldering, mechanical assembly, and epoxy potting. The successful candidate will be responsible for assembly of advanced electro-mechanical products to AS9100 standards.
- Solder electronic components
- Perform prototype assembly per drawings and specifications.
- Perform production assembly, testing, and inspection.
- Perform board level programming and testing using automated test fixtures.
- Maintain material inventory with proper paperwork and electronic records per established AS9100 procedures.
- Perform kitting of production projects.
- Work with Purchasing and Quality Assurance groups in ensuring timely and quality work product.
- Work with local suppliers and vendors both remotely and on-site to coordinate orders and validate workmanship and part conformance.
- Provide training in soldering best practices for other employees.
- Associate’s degree in Electronics with 3-5 years of experience or vocational training with 5-7 years of experience. (High School Diploma required for Electronics Assembler I)
- 5-7 years in high-tech manufacturing/production environment (1-3 years of experience for Electronics Assembler I)
- Good soldering skills (SMT, through-hole, and harnessing).
- Good understanding of soldering work standards (IPC-A-610/J-STD-001).
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly and testing, electrical harness production, ESD control, and handling optical components are a plus.
- Understanding of inventory control in an electronics production environment.
- Must be capable of following assembly procedures and drawings to perform electro-mechanical system integration, as well as follow test procedures to perform functional testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Ability to commit and work under deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a challenging and engaging work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development.
- Current IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 certification is a plus
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.