Seeking a Director, Administrative Services for a high-tech company specializing in advanced Sensor Systems, Integrated Wearable technologies, Display & Visualization Systems and Augmented Intelligence software for military & defense, homeland security, and other commercial markets. This is a leadership position responsible for Material Procurement, Contracts, Pricing, and IT Business Solutions. The successful candidate will have the creativity, passion, and drive to take full responsibility for implementing and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures. Must be knowledgeable of the FAR/DFARS and comfortable researching issues and reviewing case law when needed to assess contract risk. Will review and negotiate a variety of agreements (e.g. proprietary information agreements, teaming agreements, licensing agreements, etc.) and develop related documentation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain corporate purchasing systems and procedures, which enable ISI to purchase from suppliers with the best delivery terms, quality, and total cost performance.
- Negotiate unique subcontracts and purchasing arrangements using knowledge that is based on a technical understanding of the types of purchases to be made, market factors and internal requirements.
- Maintains and furnishes purchasing records, analyses, cost data and reports for use in scheduling, planning, budgeting and other functional activities.
- Design and implement training programs for purchasing policies and procedures. Recent and detailed experience with Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (normally conducted by DCMA) is a definite plus.
- Lead the review and analysis of RFP's, develop terms and compliant cost proposals.
- Provide advice and legal interpretation of contract terms and conditions and identify risk and potential liabilities.
- Investigate and resolve contract compliance problems and questions.
- Support and advise management on contractual rights and obligations.
- Coordinate activities with a team of contract managers and administrators to manage contracts and agreements from proposal preparation, negotiation, and administration through close-out.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with contracting officers of the US government, prime contractors, DCMA and other related organizations.
- Ensure that risks are assessed on potential projects, managed on contracts and reported.
- Managing the IT outsource provider, who is responsible for the day-to-day administration, management, and security of the company's computer network.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters’ Degree or Juris Doctor (JD) preferred)
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Government contracting, Materials Management, Business Operations/Administration
- Expert knowledge of aerospace, commercial and military contracting processes and principles; complex legal and regulatory requirements related to contracts with customers, suppliers, and partners; FAR/DFAR and SBIR contracts.
- Experience managing other contracts professionals is preferred.
- Strong contract negotiation skills of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work with internal employees and external customers in person or on the phone to resolve a variety of contracting issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and provide direction to other departments as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Ability to draft clauses and correspondence.
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required.
- Working knowledge of Costpoint and Filemaker Pro a plus.
- Experience with DCMA or DCAA audits a plus.
- Familiarity with AS9100 is a plus.