We are seeking a highly motivated Payroll Specialist for our Finance Department.
Responsibilities: Payroll and general accounting duties. Regulate and organize payroll techniques and all payroll events. Process and monitor all regular payroll checks, direct deposits, termination checks, bonus checks, and other payroll checks. Reconcile sick leave and vacation balances. Update employee records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, benefit deductions, garnishments, and job title and division transfers. Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests. Utilize appropriate policies and procedures by reviewing payroll and taxes to ensure precision using the Deltek CostPoint payroll system. Prepare state and federal tax reporting. Execute Unanet timekeeping to interface with CostPoint payroll.
- Process payroll for all employees utilizing Deltek CostPoint.
- Ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely using CostPoint.
- Understand proper taxation of employee deductions and employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Execute Unanet to interface with payroll and properly manage the Unanet timekeeping system. Poll electronic timesheets and review for completeness and accuracy.
- Process accurate and timely year end reporting.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Process manual and relocations metrics.
- Maintain daily cash receipts in FileMaker and process bank deposits.
- Meet payroll deadlines for tax reporting and benefit deposits.
- Compile internal management reports from CostPoint Payroll system.
- Provide record keeping with the creation of employee files and maintain payroll records retention.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of recent Payroll and accounting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of state, local, and federal employment and payroll laws and regulations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, ability to create pivot tables, index/match, create formulas, conditional formatting, advanced charting, and integration with other tools.
- Previous experience with Deltek CostPoint Payroll software or an industry equivalent.
- Must possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under a tight timeline while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Candidate must have the ability to display a high degree of judgement, discretion and confidentiality.
- Overtime may be required.
- Experience using Deltek CostPoint preferred.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.