Seeking a Product Development Engineer with a background in mechanical engineering who will be responsible for the mechanical design aspects of a project, interacting with external design and development partners, participating on cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, and assisting the technical team with planning, executing, documenting and communicating testing activities.
- Plan and conduct design/development engineering assignments generally involving projects of major magnitude and scope.
- Estimates human resource needs and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Coordinate and direct engineers, designers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Provide support for field-based Sales Team and other Commercial partners.
- Partner with Upstream Marketing, Sales and key external stakeholders (5Ps) to identify unmet clinical/surgical needs; evaluate options; and provide sound engineering solutions.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to launch new products.
- Attend industry trade-shows, professional education events, and other company-sponsored events to provide product training and support to customers as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Bio-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering. MS preferred.
- 5 years of mechanical engineering experience (preferably in the medical device industry (neurosurgery field a plus)
- 2 years of Project Management experience and the ability to execute projects tasks within a cross functional environment is a must.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerances, drafting standards, and GD&T.
- Prior experience working with project teams bringing products from concept to launch.
- Strong communication skills are required; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities & strong analytical skills.
- Black Belt certification is desired.
- Experience working with electromechanical products and electrical instrumentation is a plus.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.