We are seeking a highly motivated Document Specialist II with 3 years of experience with proposals and word processing. Strong knowledge of MS Word applications and advanced skills in Photoshop or Illustrator.
Responsibilities: Will be responsible for the quality and efficiency of the document processing function, understanding and following solicitation/contract requirements, implementation of formats and styles of the proposal package. Must be a detail oriented to maintain consistency throughout the document. This person may act as a backup to manager and lead in manager’s absence.
- Use of MS Office applications to create and revise text productively, effectively, and efficiently.
- Review RFP/solicitation and contracts requirements to ensure document
- Document formatting/word processing using current boilerplate and following solicitation/contract requirement.
- Ensure consistency of layout, editing, styles and compliance of requirements throughout proposal cycle.
- Convert files from a variety of applications and formats to meet expressed guidelines.
- Work efficiently as directed to ensure that scheduled deadlines are met in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain/track version control for all text and graphics documents.
- Assist authors/editors/graphics with text, document and art version control.
- Uphold text and graphics quality (spelling, consistency, appearance, and layout).
- Acts as the backup to manager and leads in manager’s absence for specific responsibilities.
- May act as lead on specific projects or proposals, attending project kickoff and status meetings, and distributing work to other team members as necessary.
- Successfully route documents through internal approval process.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in English desired
- 3 years’ experience with proposals and word processing. Strong knowledge of MS Word applications. Experience using advanced skills in Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Ability to revise graphics in Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point or other graphics software as well as inserting placement of graphics.
- Ability to work with author/technical division to ensure completeness of document.
- Ability to finalize, paginate, verify, check, and upload.
- Ability to edit technical documents preferred.
- Has good oral, written, communication, and listening skills.
- Is a self-starter that pays attention to detail and can multitask and prioritize.
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required.