Seeking a Sr. Electronics Engineer to design and develop a variety of multi-disciplinary technologies, taking concepts on paper and making them into functional prototypes within a limited timeframe. The candidate will be responsible for end-to-end development of various designs that involve schematic design, PCB layout, fabrication, embedded firmware development, and testing for diverse applications. The successful candidate will be self-motivated by the responsibility to deliver simple, yet innovative solutions to unique customer challenges with minimal oversight and will have an opportunity to grow a technical team for larger scale product development in our Photonic Systems Division, which specializes in the development and production of advanced sensor solutions for ground and airborne applications.
- Develop reliable prototype systems and devices (including design, layout, fabrication, testing, and rapid iteration) for new and ongoing research efforts.
- Implement embedded control systems using microcontrollers, analog circuits, peripherals (A-to-D and D-to-A converters, FPGAs, sensors, drivers, cameras, memory), and embedded code (in C) for a wide variety of applications.
- Manage elements of technical projects with the opportunity to assume larger project management responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers and scientists in the division.
- BS/MS EE
- 10+ years end-to-end electronic circuit design and development.
- 5+ years with LIDAR, EO/IR, and RF integrated electronics.
- Work in airborne sensors is a plus.
- Ability to complete end-to-end development of systems from physical principals to conceptual design, schematic capture, printed-circuit layout, assembly, coding, testing, and validation.
- Ability to grasp the fundamentals of unfamiliar technologies and develop simple, creative, and reliable solutions within a limited time frame.
- Ability to quickly achieve results and to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to provide cross-disciplinary solutions to include mechanical, software, and optical designs is a plus.
- Fluent with C/C++ in embedded and standard computer architectures.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder.