We are seeking a Group Leader, Systems Engineering who has demonstrated expertise in opto-electro-mechanic designs, and/or software for prototyping, integration, and test who will lead a multiple-disciplinary engineering and scientific team to execute requirements from internal and external customers. This individual will assist the team with the design and development of electronic, electro-mechanical and electro-optical devices and systems in the Defense, Energy, and Space marketplaces.
- Ability knowledge and creativity to design from concept to a completed hardware design.
- Lead projects to identify and resolve design issues which may reside in firmware, software, or electrical design.
- Develop innovative concepts that satisfy customer needs and requirements, and present technical concepts and designs to management and customers.
- Interface with customers, vendors, contractors, and consulting personnel in submitting reports and addressing problems.
- Generate detailed system/device specifications, design documentation, & manage specification trade-offs.
- Generate ideas, concepts, designs, and write-ups to support technical proposals and review proposals written by others.
- Coordinate assignments with the other project team members.
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all work products from activities and team members.
- Ensure project development plans realistically address risks.
- BS in Engineering, Applied Physics, + 7 years, MS with 5+ years’ experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in opto-electro-mechanic designs, and/or software for prototyping, integration, and test
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary team (hardware, software, firmware, mechanical, and optical) conducting advanced research and development
- Experience with technical and program management and working directly with customers to solve their problems
- Interface with customers, vendors, contractors, and consulting personnel in submitting reports and addressing work problems, assist/mentor team members
- Provide and contribute to documentations including reports, presentations, and proposals
- Ability to multitask and work as individual contributor as well as a supervisor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, very good problem solving ability, interdisciplinary outlook, team and goal oriented approach, strong self-motivation, and ability to work in a diverse work force.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.