Seeking a Senior System Engineer (Electro-Optics) with 5+ years experience in system level design for electro-optic sensors/systems. The System Engineer should have a proven track record of successful contribution to designs, developments, prototyping, testing, and problem solving, and should be eager to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced R&D team.
Responsibilities: Will work on cutting edge, next gen technologies in electro-optics.
- Deriving, developing and documenting detailed design, prototyping, testing, validation, and troubleshooting to meet system specifications and user/customer requirements.
- Track and perform to fast-paced program schedules to ensure timely execution and delivery.
- Coordinate and communicate with supervisor and among the program team members.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Computer Science, Optical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience in system level design for electro-optic (EO) sensors/systems
- Strong experience in simulation, selection, modification, integration, and test of optoelectronic components, opto-mechanical packaging, imaging processing (algorithm, software, or hardware)
- Experience in remote sensing including LIDAR/LADAR and/or imaging optics (visible and infrared) system
- Experience in radiometry analyses, establishing architecture, system design and requirement verification for EO/IR sensors/systems
- Experience in system tradeoffs (e.g., resolution, field-of-view, size, weight, power, cost, manufacturability) and component selections
- Experience in working with interface/control, embedded computing solutions, end-to-end digital and analog electronics, microcontroller, FPGA, video processing, prototyping, testing, validation, and/or troubleshooting
- Experience with Matlab, MathCad, Zeemax, or other computer aided engineering tools
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and experience in technical writing to produce documentation
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required.