Seeking a Purchasing Manager with experience in government contracting, including FAR/DFARS and procurement policies & procedures. This individual is responsible for developing and standardizing purchasing activities and will have the creativity, passion, and drive to take full responsibility for implementing purchasing policies and procedures for the entire corporation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain corporate purchasing systems and procedures, which enable us to purchase from suppliers with the best delivery terms, quality, and total cost performance. Familiarity with AS9100 is a plus.
- Develop policies and procedures, to enable us to enter into partnerships with our suppliers which foster excellent performance.
- Negotiate unique subcontracts and purchasing arrangements using knowledge that is based on a technical understanding of the types of purchases to be made, market factors and internal requirements.
- Maintains and furnishes purchasing records, analyses, cost data and reports for use in scheduling, planning, budgeting and other functional activities.
- Administer supplier improvement process to include quantitative supplier performance measures for quality and delivery performance. Accomplish Continuous Improvement initiatives: focus on cost savings, gross margin improvement, etc.
- Design and implement training programs for purchasing policies and procedures. Recent and detailed experience with Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (normally conducted by DCMA) is a definite plus.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Materials Management, Business Operations/Administration, Finance, or Related Field is highly preferred. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of purchasing experience within the aerospace or electronics manufacturing industry.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience that includes establishing goals and objectives for the purchasing department, coordinating purchasing activities, assigning/scheduling tasks, communicating expectations and deliverables.
- Strong contract negotiation skills of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint ERP/MRP System is a plus.
- Certifications from Industry associations is a plus (CPM/CPPM)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required.