Seeking a skilled Mechanical Engineer for our Products and Engineering Department, specializing in the development and production of advanced sensor solutions for ground and airborne applications. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in the development of electro-mechanical systems with experience in both prototype R&D as well as commercial product development. This role will be directly responsible for the development and fabrication of state-of-the-art technologies for various new advanced sensor systems and will have the opportunity for career growth through program management and/or increased technical responsibilities. The successful candidate will demonstrate out-of-the-box creativity and a passion for mechanical design along with a knack for hands-on development and testing.
- Engineering tasks will range from the design of one-off lab set-ups to low-mid volume production products, most often requiring designs from a systems-level and component level.
- Must be eager and willing to learn the fundamentals of unfamiliar technologies and concepts quickly and be comfortable working in a very dynamic setting with a number of scientists and engineers.
- The ability to multi-task and seamlessly transition between different projects is essential.
- Engineering tasks will be performed independently as the sole responsible mechanical engineer on multi-disciplinary teams, therefore the ME should be a self-starter and willing to take full responsibility in delivering a fully-functional and quality product.
- Well versed in a variety of manufacturing processes, including machining, rapid prototyping, injection molding, laser cutting, etc.
- Generate detailed system/device specifications and manage specifications trade-offs to achieve complete functioning systems.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of design experience in an R&D and/or product development capacity focusing on small electro-mechanical and/or optical systems.
- Advanced proficiency in solid modeling using Solidworks (preferred), Pro-E, or CATIA.
- Experience with design for manufacturing and production processes (injection molding, casting) for consumer or military goods strongly preferred.
- Experience with mechanical and thermal simulation packages (SolidWorks, ANSYS) preferred.
- Capable of producing manufacturing drawings with an understanding of GD&T.
- Creativity, strong problem-solving skills, excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills are essential.
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required.