Seeking a Director for the Business Development Department to advance our Technology Transition efforts. We develop innovative technology as a part of an SBIR Phase I program and then proceeds with transition to a Phase II for prototype development, which lays the foundation for transitioning the prototype to production. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic “hands-on, get-it-done” individual to contribute to the development of business of the highest importance to the future growth of the Corporation. Innovation and a “make-it-happen” attitude are valued characteristics, and so the successful candidate will enjoy working in a very dynamic, fast-paced R&D setting with a focus on technology transition of novel solutions for the DOD, DOE, NASA, and other federal agencies.
The successful candidate will present a proven track record of leadership, technology transition, and especially as an effective liaison between the government funding agency and our principal investigators, technology directors and general managers. The candidate should have excellent technical writing skills to support and prepare winning proposals and whitepapers. Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential to support regular communication with government customers as well as various internal support organizations.
- Contribute technical expertise and manage technical talent in the pursuit advanced development programs, and as appropriate, production programs for our technologies.
- Work interactively with scientists, engineers, and production staff to develop innovative and integrative solutions and create winning proposals to address customer requirements.
- Quickly establish trust with the Government technical point of contact
- Provide leadership for business development with focus on year over year revenue growth
- Support strategic long-range planning, market analyses and forecast data for DoD and commercial market sector
- Actively participate in the identification and qualification process of potential business opportunities to ensure the business model supports the strategic goals and objectives
- Lead capture opportunities and proposal team activities
- Coordinate customer engagements and customer call planning
- Identification of strategic alliances, teammates and partners for key pursuit opportunities
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days and seminars to stay abreast of customer strategies, goal and objectives
- Will be required to travel up to 50%.
Experience & Requirements:
- Ph. D in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Physics with 8+ years of experience, or MS with 10+ years of experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in product development role (non-R&D).
- 5+ years of experience in Business Development and/or program management experience
- Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements
- Must have proposals, contracting, and negotiation skills
- Good problem-solving ability to work with a diverse work force
- Ability to maintain and effectively plan for revenue growth
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills in spoken and written English as the primary technical interface with customers, vendors, sub-contractors and non-technical persons
- Must be able and willing to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Clearance.