Seeking a Director, Business Development (Airborne Systems) who can drive the business growth across our divisions focusing on NAVAIR and associated Tier 1 system integrators. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the development of business of the highest importance to the future growth of our company. The Director, Business Development will report to the Corporate Vice President, Business Development for Airborne Systems and be responsible for all aspects of the business development/capture lifecycle, from opportunity creation/ identification through to award, including customer relationship, opportunity identification, proposal generation and overall customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will present a proven track record of action management of technically complex programs and engineering tasks, which are essential skills for developing business utilizing cutting edge technologies. The candidate must quickly assume leadership responsibility for capturing large size military programs as well as successful transition to program execution.
- Identification and capture of new business including Small Business Innovation Research Transition with focus on year over year revenue growth.
- Support strategic long-range planning, market analyses and forecast data for DoD and commercial market sector.
- Actively participate in the identification and qualification process of potential business opportunities to ensure alignment with our strategic goals and objectives.
- Lead capture and proposal team activities with a focus on customer requirements and budget, competitive intelligence and price-to-win analyses.
- Conduct customer engagements and customer call planning with the purpose of establishing critical trust with senior leaders of NAVAIR avionics programs.
- Identification of strategic alliances, teammates and partners for key pursuit opportunities.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days and seminars to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals and objectives.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for Foreign Military Sales of existing our products in compliance with current ITAR and US Export restrictions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Computer Science or similar with 10+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Development and/or Program Management experience in NAVAIR avionics programs/systems with knowledge of ITAR and US Export restrictions
- Practical understanding of technology transitioning, product/market development, and marketing/product planning for US military applications (preferably specific to avionics programs)
- Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements
- Must have proposal development/writing and basic contracting/negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication (presentation, written, and verbal), and relationship building skills. Good problem-solving ability to work with a diverse work force.
- U.S. Citizenship required to obtain a security clearance.
- Ability to travel a must.
- Former pilot is a plus
- Completed (1) assignment in NAVAIR Program/Platform acquisition office
- Naval Academy graduate is a plus