Scientist I/II, Research Mass Spectrometry - Assay Development - South San Francisco
Who We Are: We are embracing new paradigms and technologies to develop novel and life-changing therapies for cancer.
What We Are Looking For: We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Scientist I/II to operate in a LC/MS-based quantitative bioanalytical role to support research and development projects.
Responsibilities: The Scientist I/II will design, plan, and independently conduct a wide range of LC/MS based bioanalytical assays to support fit for purpose studies in research and development. The candidate will be responsible for sample preparation, method development, quantitative LC/MS bioanalysis of small molecules (metabolites/catabolites), data analysis, writing reports, and presenting data at internal meetings.
- Develop methods and analytical workflows to support small molecule toxins and linker-drugs characterization for antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) discovery using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and mass spectrometry (MS).
- Develop sample preparation methods for plasma extraction of small molecule toxins as well as ADCs using automation platform.
- Perform quantitative LC-MS/MS of small molecule from various bio-matrices in-vitro and in-vivo to support exploratory toxicology, PK/PD, ADME, and efficacy studies.
- Identify drug impurities, degradants, and metabolites using LC-MSMS.
- Support the troubleshooting of LC-MS instrumentation issues and perform routine maintenance of both MS and LC equipment.
- Work closely with multiple teams in research/process development/chemistry and provide analytical support as needed.
- Assist in method pre-validation and transfer to GLP lab.
- Maintain excellent documentation of all work including lab notebooks, test methods and protocols.
- Present results and experimental information in team meetings.
- B.S/M.S in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related fields with 5+ years of industrial or academic experience (2+ years of experience with MS degree)
- Experience with quantitative bioanalysis of small molecules a must.
- Hands on experience using Triple Quad MS a must.
- Experience using Sciex software- Analyst and Multiquan a must.
- Experience using Automation- platforms is preferred.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of various analytical methods for small molecule and large molecule.
- Able to work independently or under minimal supervision to design and conduct experiments, as well as interpret, document, and communicate results.
- Willing to work effectively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and the ability to self-motivate, multitask, meet frequently tight deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder.
- LC-MS expert with 2+ years industry experience. PhDs not desired due to level.