Seeking a Sr. Cost/Price Proposal Specialist with a Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years estimating, pricing & proposal experience in a high tech, preferably aerospace company & knowledge of FAR/DFAR proposal requirements to work for a new start-up in Torrance, CA.
Our client uses cutting edge technologies to perform government R&D and manufacturing of integrated systems comprised of unique sensor, programming, and optoelectronic technologies with innovative implementations of modern electronics, computing, and augmented intelligence and they are looking for a seasoned, Sr. Cost/Price Proposal Specialist.
- Develop estimates and prices for all development and manufacturing proposals using proposal pricing software designed for federal agencies and government contractors, in collaboration with a multi-functional proposal team and in alignment with customer requirements and company opportunity and strategic objectives.
- The position will closely partner with Business Development and will coordinate and lead the completion of quotes, bids, and proposals in collaboration with stakeholders in an accurate, timely, compliant, customer-focused, and company value-added manner to acquire new business to achieve strategic and business objectives. It will help drive enhancements to the contract standard work breakdown structure as needed to ensure costs for key tasks and activities are captured at a level of granularity needed to manage performance to achieve budget and deliver profit as well as technical and schedule requirements and to provide improved historical data for basis of estimates.
- It will add robustness to the estimating and pricing process through efforts such as using a quote/bid/proposal process schedule, checklist, and kickoff meeting; executing cost analysis, trend analysis, and what-if modeling; implementing risk and opportunity identification, quantification, and management; and a quote/proposal compliance review. It will also assist in strategizing and modeling “should” and “could” cost for new products to balance estimated cost/price with competitiveness/what the market will bear along with helping with cost reduction initiatives as appropriate and beneficial.
- Will help ensure business is executed in a Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) compliant manner that meets regulatory and customer requirements and achieves company strategies, goals, and objectives. It will lead labor category and rate definition, creation, and update; participate in the evaluation and update of overhead structure when needed; and contribute to the review and update of overhead and G&A cost components.
- BS/BA in Business Administration or Management, Finance, Math, or related field. MBA a plus.
- 10 Years Estimating, Pricing, and Proposal Experience in Hi Tech or Complex Development and Manufacturing Environment. (Aerospace and Defense a plus).
- Knowledge of/Experience with FAR and DFARS Proposal Requirements as Well as Familiarity with Government RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs.
- Experience with PROPRICER Highly Desirable or Similar Tool a plus.
- Experience with Cost Modeling and Cost Analysis, Risk and Opportunity Identification, Quantification, and Management.
- Experience Working with Engineering & Manufacturing Personnel on Development and Analysis of Development and Production Cost.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint or Similar ERP/MRP System a plus.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.