Seeking a Research Scientist with a Master’s degree & 5 years of experience in machine vision, robotic vision, image/video based machine learning and AI for a new startup working on advanced sensors/systems for government projects.
Responsibilities: The Research Scientist will work on cutting edge projects for our U.S. government. You'll be working alongside other highly educated, Masters & PhD scientists who are excited and passionate about the work we are doing as well.
- Development, integration, and test of machine vision systems and subsystems.
- Deriving system requirements and specifications with a technical team
- Developing and realizing software designs as a team member or a technical lead
- MS required with 5-8 years’ experience, PhD preferred with 3-5 years’ experience (Computer Science, Robotics, Image Processing, and other related engineering areas preferred).
- Experienced in theory and practical implementations of the machine vision, robotic vision, image/video based machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Experienced in methods of image acquisition/processing/analysis systems easy applying results of the tradeoffs analysis (e.g., resolution, field-of-view, size, weight, power, cost, manufacturability) and component selections
- Experience in the modern computer science tools (programing languages e.g. Matlab, C/C++, OpenGL and OpenCV libraries, etc.) for 3D reconstruction, object detection, tracking, classification and recognition.
- Demonstrated skills in image processing, computational geometry, computer graphics, mathematical modelling of physical and engineering objects/processes, algorithm development.
- Ability to develop new scientific and engineering concepts, carry out design and development, write winning proposals, execute technical tasks of the contract, realize prototypes, perform test and evaluation, provide documentation, manage multidisciplinary projects.
- Ability to multitask and work as individual contributor and be an excellent team player strictly adhering to the tightest schedule. Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.