Seeking a Lab Engineer who will work in multi-disciplined team environment resulting in the introduction of new defense technologies. This Lab Engineer we are striving to find has a passion for technology, is a problem solver & strong collaborator. This person should be able to demonstrate a history of working hands-on in a lab setting.
- Plan and execute laboratory experiments under the direction of the Group Leader, RF Engineering
- Setup tests using various test equipment (i.e. oscilloscopes, data loggers, PLC, multi-meters, chart recorders)
- Gather test data and present test results to requesting engineers
- Implements, and ensures proper lab safety procedures
- Hands-on design, fabrication (including cutting, machining, drilling, tapping, gluing, painting, molding, casting etc.), assembly, and test of prototypes.
- Prepare and track purchasing requisitions and interface with buyers to handle procurement of parts and components
- Produce written reports detailing the progress of laboratory work
- Associate’s or vocational school degree required; BS/MS degree preferred in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Photonics, RF Engineering and other related engineering fields preferred
- Familiarity with general laboratory equipment (scopes, spectrum analyzers, power meters, programmable power supplies and process controllers, etc.), conducting experiments, and handling data collection.
- At least 1 year of experience in a lab or manufacturing setting
- Experience with LabVIEW, MatLab, ZEMAX, and/or 3D CAD modeling software (SolidWorks)
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, commit to and work under deadlines.
- Good communication, organization, strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.