Seeking a Sr. Operations, Manufacturing, Production Manager with 8+ years manufacturing experience to work in our Aerospace Composites Structures facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. This candidate must have an Active DOD Secret Clearance.
Responsibilities: The candidate will manage a team of Operations Supervisors and Work Area Leads, and will be responsible for the combined strategic (long-term) and tactical (short-term) management planning and execution of assigned manufacturing processes and/or value streams.
- Must have demonstrated manufacturing leadership ability in systems installation and complex aircraft assembly manufacturing environment(s).
- The particular “systems” are electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics that are routed throughout the entrails of a vehicle.
- Assembly of composite components into a structure via preforms, co-cure, co-bond and mechanical fasteners, (i.e. Hi-loks, nut plates etc).
- Will fabricate parts and ship them to our customers to assemble.
- We also build parts and assemble – could use someone that understands the assembly processes.
- BS/BA degree with minimum of 8 years manufacturing experience, or High School diploma/GED with 10+ years’ experience
- Must have demonstrated manufacturing leadership ability in systems installation and complex aircraft assembly manufacturing environment
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, to include use of disciplined problem-solving methodologies and tools (5 Why, 8D, PFMEA, Process Capability Analysis, SPC, Poke-yoke, etc)
- Proven leadership and hands-on implementation of continuous improvement, to include lean, six sigma and/or other improvement methodologies (Value Stream Mapping, Visual Controls, Pull Systems, 5S, Standard Work, etc)
- Hands-on experience and is a subject matter expert in the installation / drilling / fastening / bracketry associated with cable assemblies, wiring harnesses, wiring diagrams, conductivity tests, hydraulic tubes, valves, gauges, compression fittings, leak testing, as well as sequencing of the process steps
- Experience with effective kitting techniques to ensure all proper components are delivered to the mechanic in the most convenient & efficient manner. Possess effective FOD prevention and inspection / control techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills related to highly technical topics, across all levels including customers and leadership
- Composites Manufacturing
- Manufacturing - Operations - Production Experience
- Must have an active Secret Clearance with a completed investigation date within last 4 years
- EVMS / CAM experience preferred
- Start-up program experience preferred