Seeking a Research Pharmacist, Life Sciences with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and 2 years+ experience conducting clinical research in infectious diseases.
Responsibilities: The Research Pharmacist will work with companies to meet their business needs through problem identification, protocol development/implementation, data retrieval/analysis, report development/delivery and presentation and publication results. They will work with the analytic and research teams to develop clinical analyses and related reports to fulfill customer engagement requirements. Additional responsibilities include business development relationship management and consultative sales activity to support the delivery of innovative and highly-impactful solutions to Life Science customers; including but not limited to: pharmaceutical (Infectious Disease), diagnostic, and medical device companies across the United States. The role is responsible for participating in activities to increase market share such as consultative selling, relationship building, and assisting with trade shows and various Congress events.
The Research Pharmacist will conduct presentations and convey complex clinical and technical information fluently to: Medical Affairs, Commercial teams, Clinical Development, Outcomes Research, Market Research, etc. focused on account penetration, revenue growth with customer satisfaction across the US and emerging markets.
- Work with Life Sciences companies to meet their business needs through problem identification, protocol development/implementation, data retrieval/analysis, report development/delivery and presentation and publication of results.
- Integrate medical, scientific, economic and technical information and effectively communicate these data to the scientific community, customers, and internal stakeholders
- Participate in the development of a revenue generating Life Sciences business pipeline
- Engage/prospect/consult with Life Sciences clients across Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device and Diagnostic companies
- Employ a consultative selling approach with customers and prospects in order to identify research categories and develop data driven solutions such as pathogen specific trends and prevalence, patient population based analysis, and population based clinical and financial outcomes analyses
- Identify and establish relationships with key clinical decision makers and develop action plans to advance the account strategies
- Assist with the identification, development, negotiation, and close of new profitable contracts within the Life Science markets.
- Serve as a clinical resource on all aspects of Life Science project negotiation and implementation
- Collaborate on the development of future Life Sciences offerings
- Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive solutions, potential collaborators, business threats and feedback from prospects
- A doctor of pharmacy degree and completion of infectious disease residency/research fellowship are required
- Advanced degree in biostatistics, health sciences, public health, economics, health services research, epidemiology, computer science or related discipline is highly desirable
- Certifications pharmacy license
- 2 years+ post pharmacy graduate clinical experience
- 2 or more years of industry (or equivalent) experience (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct clinical research in infectious diseases with emphasis on microbiologic epidemiology and outcomes analyses.
- Ability to write and submit research results to various national and/or international venues and appropriate peer-reviewed journals for publication.
- Strong competency in the areas of infectious disease clinical study design, statistics, technical writing and critical appraisal of the literature
- Strong competency and clinical experience in the therapeutic management of infectious diseases
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and explain complex clinical and scientific information
- Demonstrated strong customer/client orientation
- Demonstrated capability for strategic thinking, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the customer's business, financial needs, and strategy
- Ability to identify customer needs/questions through consultation and then develop and implement study protocol or analyses to address them.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, presentation, written) & excellent time management skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve business goals
- Ability to travel both domestic and international; approximately 30% of the time
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products
- Valid driver's license
- U.S. citizen/green card holder
- Experience with business strategy and key drivers for effective training programs
- Demonstrated leadership
- Experience with health care and life science industry sales
- Experience negotiating statement of work documents and conditions