Seeking an Embedded Application Software Engineer to design, develop, code, test and debug embedded application software for a fast growing, highly innovative DoD contractor in Torrance.
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging embedded application software.
- Designing and developing Built-In-Test software for Real-Time Operating System (RTOS).
- Review code and design.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resource.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Interface with Customer Interface Specifications.
- Access third party, open source software and legacy software (experience in rehosting legacy software is a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Strong and Solid programming experience in Ada and C and/or C++ (ability to write a wrapper for an existing OFP is a plus)
- 4+ year of experience in development of application software for embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience in DO-178 and Arinc-653 for safety-critical avionics real-time operating systems.
- Hands-on experience in producing custom application software development for Generic Linux and Green Hills Integrity OS.
- Hands-on experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and all phases of software development.
- Knowledge of miscellaneous Operating Systems (Linux, Windriver VxWorks and Greenhills Integrity) is plus.
- Knowledge of Multi thread programming, socket-level TCP/IP communications.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Efficiently multi-task and commit to working under deadlines.
- U.S. citizenship required.