Seeking an Electronics Test Engineer who has advanced electronics and mechanical manufacturing experience and be proficient in developing, validating, operating, and supporting test systems and test equipment to verify the performance of integrated electro/opto/mechanical systems. This will be working at a fast paced, new spinoff company specializing in advanced integrated electronic systems/sensors in Torrance.
- Work with cross-functional new product development teams to ensure that products are designed to facilitate testability
- Perform board level programming and testing using automated test fixtures.
- Assess, develop, and improve testing processes as well as influence prototype or initial design to optimize for cost-effective large volume production.
- Develop, specify, and/or procure test equipment that meets quality objectives and the needs of manufacturing.
- Perform analysis of any non-conforming systems or sub-assemblies to determine root cause.
- Play a key role in the transitioning of engineering prototypes to full scale Production.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with design and operation of automated test fixtures, printed circuit board assembly and testing, cable harness production, ESD control, and handling optical components are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Basic electrical circuit and mechanical design knowledge sufficient for design of test fixtures. including basic wiring and computer interfacing.
- Must be able to work in a challenging and engaging work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development.
- LabVIEW, Matlab/Simulink knowledge is a plus.
- U.S. Citizen/Green card holder required.