Seeking a Cost/Price Proposal Specialist for our Contracts and Proposals Department. The candidate will have 10+ years industry experience (preferable in Aerospace/Defense). Must have experience with cost proposals responding to Gov’t RFP’s. U.S. citizen/green card holder required.
Responsibilities: Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and validation of the pricing process, which integrates cost estimates, schedules, and technical content. Evaluate the reasonableness and acceptability of cost proposals. Prepare cost and price volumes for proposals to the U.S. Department of Defense. Prepare cost and price narratives to ensure winning proposals and whitepapers.
- Manage pricing activities to ensure high quality and consistency during price and cost volume development.
- Prepare and oversee most Engineering cost estimates for various divisions within our company and support Government negotiations.
- Evaluate Request for Proposals (RFPs), coordinate and manage consistent flow down of proposal requirements and strategies, technical and cost review timelines, and proposal preparations to meet RFP due dates among Program Offices, Line Organizations and Proposal teams.
- Participate in establishing and updating cost engineering/modeling approaches while keeping continuous process improvement in mind.
- Provide proposal cost and bid analysis.
- Develop cost analysis processes/tools, and acquisition reform initiatives.
- B.S. in Engineering, Math, Physics or related field preferred. Open to candidates with a high school diploma and related experience.
- 10 years of industry experience preferably in Aerospace & Defense, with a predominance of R&D experience.
- Experience preparing cost proposals responding to Government RFPs.
- Familiarity with electronics, mechanical systems, or aerospace systems.
- Familiarity with TINA, CAS, Contract Cost Principles and Forward Pricing Rate Agreements.
- EVMS familiarity and experience developing or delivering EVMS-related training is highly desirable.
- Experience developing or delivering a WBS, an Integrated Master Schedule and BOEs consistent with MIL-STD-881.
- Knowledge and experience with product lifecycles.
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse set of engineers in a fast paces environment.
- Must have good analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- U.S. citizen/green card holder required.