Seeking a Research Scientist who has a Masters degree or PhD and 3-5 years+ experience working in Computer Science, Robotics, Image Processing, etc…must have theory and practical implementations of machine vision, robotic vision, image/video based machine learning and AI.
The Research Scientist will be involved in:
- Development, integration, and test of machine vision systems and subsystems.
- Deriving system requirements and specifications with a technical team
- Developing and realizing software designs as a team member or a technical lead
- PhD or MS with 3-5 years of working experience in Computer Science, Robotics, Image Processing, or other related engineering areas.
- Experienced in theory and practical implementations of machine vision, robotic vision, image/video based machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Experienced in methods of image acquisition/processing/analysis systems easy applying results of the tradeoffs analysis (e.g., resolution, field-of-view, size, weight, power, cost, manufacturability) and component selections
- Experience in the modern computer science tools (programing languages e.g. Matlab, C/C++, OpenGL and OpenCV libraries, etc.) for 3D reconstruction, object detection, tracking, classification and recognition.
- Demonstrated skills in image processing, computational geometry, computer graphics, mathematical modelling of physical and engineering objects/processes, algorithm development.
- Ability to develop new scientific and engineering concepts, carry out design and development, write winning proposals, execute technical tasks of the contract, realize prototypes, perform test and evaluation, provide documentation, manage multidisciplinary projects.
- Ability to multitask and work as individual contributor and be an excellent team player strictly adhering to the tightest schedule.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.