Seeking a highly motivated Lab Engineer with an extensive and diverse set of technical skills, including electro-optic assembly, experimental design, opto-mechanical assembly, data collection, and testing. The candidate must feel comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Plan and execute laboratory experiments under the direction of Research Scientists, Engineers, and Project Managers.
- Perform mechanical assembly and fabrication tasks including cutting, machining, drilling, tapping, gluing, painting, molding, casting etc.
- Handle testing and operation of completed assemblies including measurement with voltmeters, oscilloscopes, and other lab equipment and conducting of experiments with accurate recording of data.
- Assembly and test of complex EO and opto-mechanical systems.
- Prepare and track purchasing requisitions and interface with buyers to handle procurement of parts and components. Produce written reports for Project Managers detailing the progress of laboratory work.
- BS degree in a technical, engineering field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a lab or manufacturing setting desired.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, commit to and work under deadlines.
- Good communication and organization skills are required.
- Experience with LabVIEW, MatLab, or similar experimental control software.
- Hands-on experience in the development, prototyping, testing or transfer to production of complex EO/Mechanical systems.
- U.S. citizenship required to obtain security clearance.