We are seeking an Engineering Manager experienced in end-to-end product development with electro-mechanical systems, prior leadership experience, strong knowledge in DFM and production processes & procedures. We are a new company, recently spun off from our parent company, a fast-growing DoD contractor, and we specialize in the development and production of advanced sensor solutions.
Responsibilities: The Engineering Manager will manage a growing 12-person product development team consisting of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers, whose primary responsibility is to facilitate the transition of experimental systems to production-ready hardware. The candidate will perform both strategic-level technical development as well as manage the division’s engineering team, providing continued organizational and technical leadership, while working closely with PhD-level scientists and in-house production personnel in the continued expansion of our burgeoning product portfolio. The Engineering Manager will have a demonstrated track-record of end-to-end product development and be the type who thrives by getting their hands dirty side-by-side with their team.
As a part of the product development cycle, the candidate will help provide innovative solutions toward new funding opportunities as well as oversee strategic programs wholly within the engineering group with support from other Division and Corporate resources. Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential to support regular communication with government customers as well as various internal support organizations.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of end-to-end product development with electro-mechanical systems.
- 3+ years in an engineering leadership role.
- Strong knowledge in design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Strong knowledge of production processes and procedures.
- Program management experience including leadership and/or participation in program reviews such as PDR, CDR, FCA, PCA, as well as system-level testing against environmental, EMC, and performance requirements.
- Financial management experience or willingness to learn revenue/budget and P&L forecasting and execution.
- Experience with military development and production programs, including contractual understanding of CLINs, CDRLs, DIDs, etc., is a plus.
- U.S. Citizen/green card holder required.