Seeking a Director, Systems Engineering with a Masters degree and 3 years + hardware and systems design and experience in small system development. The Director will report directly report to the Chief Operating Officer and will interact with technical teams, principal investigators, division general managers & directors, business development and our valued customers.
• Analyze technical program requirements and initiate detailed system design, device specifications and manage specification trade-offs.
• Initiate and compose technical proposals and review proposals and technical data generated by the engineering teams.
• Review project performance against the planned statement of work and realistically assess the risks.
• Identify and help resolve prototype design issues which may reside in firmware, software or electronic design.
• Establish relationships with customers for future opportunities and report technical progress concerning ongoing programs to both the customer and our senior management.
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Engineering.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with hardware & systems design.
• Experience with writing RFI’s, RFP’s and BAA’s is preferred but not required.
• Hands on proven experience in small system development and transition to production.
• Excellent technical writing, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated track record to manage and execute a project for on time and on budget delivery.
U.S. citizen/green card holder required.