The Mechanical Engineer will have experience in the development of electro-mechanical systems in both prototype R&D as well as commercial product development. The successful candidate will demonstrate out-of-the-box creativity and a passion for mechanical design along with a knack for hands-on development and testing.
- Engineering tasks will range from the design of one-off lab set-ups to low-mid volume. production products, most often requiring designs from a systems-level and component level.
- Must be eager and willing to learn the fundamentals of unfamiliar technologies and concepts quickly and be comfortable working in a very dynamic setting.
- The ability to multi-task and seamlessly transition between different projects is essential.
- Most engineering tasks will be performed independently as the sole responsible ME, therefore must be a self-starter and willing to take full responsibility in delivering a fully-functional and quality product.
- Well versed in a variety of manufacturing processes, including machining, rapid prototyping, injection molding, laser cutting, etc.
- Generate detailed system/device specifications and manage specifications trade-offs to achieve complete functioning systems.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with 2-5 years of design experience in an R&D and/or product development capacity.
- Advanced proficiency in solid modeling using Pro-E (preferred)
- Experience with design for manufacturing and production processes (injection molding, casting) for consumer or military goods strongly preferred.
- Capable of producing manufacturing drawings with an understanding of GD&T.
- Creativity, strong problem-solving skills, excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills are essential.
- U.S. citizenship required.