Seeking a Senior FPGA Engineer who will architect and code firmware for military radio frequency systems, sensor systems, avionics, control systems, and/or other innovative technological solutions. BS/MS CS or EE and 5+ years development of firmware for FPGAs/SOCs. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Coding of software applications/firmware to be embedded in electronic hardware and execution of firmware-hardware and software-firmware integration.
- Development and documentation of detailed FPGA firmware specifications based on features, capabilities, and requirements of the user/customer of Xilinx all programmable FPGA Ultrascale Architecture.
- Execution of firmware development including planning, designing, implementation, and testing/benchmarking on on-going programs.
- Analysis and resolution of complex system-level software-firmware-hardware integration issues.
- Implementation and documentation of firmware testing and debugging process.
- Validation of firmware to meet documented performance/operational specifications and code optimization for computational efficiency.
- Providing technical write-ups related to software development on bids and proposals.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
- 5 + years of experience in direct hands-on development of firmware for FPGAs/SoCs (required Xilinx FPGA Ultrascale families)
- Experience coding in VHDL is required.
- Must be familiar with C, C, C++, and other object oriented languages
- Experience with high-throughput firmware coding is a plus and signal integrity validation with Hyperlynx.
- Experience with companion chipset design to microprocessor and encryption
- Experience with HDL software tools such as Vivado, ISE, Altera Quartus or Libero
- Experience with DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- Experience with schematic capture tools
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Efficiently multi-task and commit to working under deadlines.
- Experience in technical writing to produce software documentation.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.