Seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer who will perform hands-on design, development, test, and maintenance of firmware, BSP and device drivers for electronic and microelectronic systems, including FPGA-based and microprocessor-based computers.
Responsibilities: The Sr. Firmware Engineer must be able to write software and firmware code to support the airborne data loader and computer systems. Provide supporting documentation in terms of data analysis, reports, test procedures, and calibration. Perform integration and checkout, trouble-shooting, analysis, and reporting in accordance with project team objectives, requirements and schedules. Experience with OrCAD and Cadence toolkit is required.
This is a “hands-on” engineering position. Candidates with experiences in electronic communication systems are encouraged to apply.
- Test and validate new products and designs in the lab
- Participate in internal research and development of new technologies
- Characterization of hardware under varying conditions, such as varying environmental conditions
- Generate test procedures and schematic diagram, and assist in design reviews under the guidance of senior engineers
- Track and perform to fast-paced program schedules to ensure timely execution and delivery
- Provide support to the Engineering Organization as directed
- Resolve technical problems during test and integration phases
- Generate and review technical product documentation, including written documentation instructing customers in the use of delivered products
- Establish design criteria for the product, and determine material requirements, product operational capabilities and limitations
- Writing and supporting proposals involving the design and development of electronic systems
- Presentation to customer in various design review and peer review meetings
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Avionic Engineering, System Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Hardware engineer with hands-on development of the electronic and microelectronic systems.
- Circuit design, simulation, and layout/ Component and development board selection
- Testing, validation, and troubleshooting/ Flash memory error correction coding
- Experience ECAD tools for schematics and PCB layout (OrCAD and Cadence toolkit is a must)
- Hand-on electronic assembly and integration to meet performance, environmental and human factors requirements; additional electronic software/hardware integration is a plus
- Use of test equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, mixed signal oscilloscope, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and control software.
- Experience with anechoic test chambers a plus
- Excel lent communication skills – verbal and written – and experience in technical writing to produce documentation
- Experience with programming in C, C++, MATLAB/Simulink, and LabView a plus.
- FPGA tools (e.g., Xilinx ISE, Altium Quartus) a plus
- U.S. Citizenship required.