Seeking a highly motivated Technical Proposal Writer who will work closely with a world-class team of engineers and scientists in preparing formal responses to bid/proposal requests from government & commercial customers.
The selected candidate will combine a technical mindset and a command of the English language to convert technical data/material into a succinct narrative. He/she will have prior experience in preparation of white papers, proposals, and materials in response to request for information/proposals (RFIs/RFPs), Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs), and other solicitations.
- The ideal candidate is a mix of a technical writer with a sales creativity to his/her writing style
- Our proposals are technically complex and require someone with a deep, broad technical knowledge (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics backgrounds preferred)
- These documents are also selling documents. The writer needs to bring “the sizzle” to the pages.
- The workload is heavy. The person needs to be happy working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- The ideal candidate is a writer is his/her spare time. Maybe (s)he blogs online. (S)he may have written articles for science and technology websites and magazines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Engineering, or an alternate related technical field
- 5+ years’ recent experience working with government solicitations
- Prior experience in preparing white papers, proposals, RFI’s/RFP’s, BAAs
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, startup like environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship and an ability to obtain Security Clearance