We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Editor for a fast-growing DoD contractor who will be responsible for providing technical editing support to the Proposal Center on Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) proposals, and formal responses to BAAs, RFPs, and RFQs.
- Edit written proposals and other documentation including optical systems and devices, programming and computer applications, weapons systems, materials development, sensors, image processing, and video compression documentation.
- Improve the grammar, logical flow, clarity, and coherence of documents so that the technical concept is conveyed precisely to proposal evaluators.
- Present highly technical material in a way that appeals to reviewers without compromising the original written material.
- Provide editing and other documentation support for proposals, presentation material reports, papers, technical documents, and other publications. The employee in the position will edit technical proposals and other technical and business documentation at the rate of 4-6 pages per hour.
- Provide assistance with other special projects assigned by management.
- Strong working knowledge with MS Word, PowerPoint, Illustrator, & Photoshop. Minimum typing speed 50 wpm
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Aerospace industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of the English language, including grammar, structure, punctuation and spelling.
- Highly developed technical editing skills.
- Able to re-create material to fit defined document templates and standards as required.
- Bachelor’s in technical communication, English, or journalism
- U.S. citizenship required