We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Contracts Manager who will develop contract volumes for sole source and competitive proposals, negotiate contract terms and conditions, and manage development and production contracts throughout their periods of performance. This individual must be knowledgeable of the FAR/DFARS and comfortable researching issues and reviewing case law when needed to assess contract risk. Will review and negotiate a variety of agreements (e.g. proprietary information agreements, teaming agreements, licensing agreements, etc.) and develop related documentation.
- Negotiate terms and conditions, and pricing for complex contracts.
- Lead the review and analysis of RFP's, develop terms and compliant cost proposals.
- Provide advice and legal interpretation of contract terms and conditions, and identify risk and potential liabilities.
- Investigate and resolve contract compliance problems and questions.
- Support and advise management on contractual rights and obligations.
- Coordinate activities with a team of contract managers and administrators to manage contracts and agreements from proposal preparation, negotiation, and administration through close-out.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with contracting officers of the US government, prime contractors, DCMA and other related organizations.
- Ensure that risks are assessed on potential projects, managed on contracts and reported.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports; prepare statistical contract data as required.
- Maintain contractual historical data; enter contract data into POC databases as needed.
- Sets-up contracts and issues charge numbers in company enterprise system as needed.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist with financial reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree or Juris Doctor (JD) preferred)
- 5 to 7 years + of experience in Government contracting
- Expert knowledge of aerospace commercial and military contracting processes and principles; complex legal and regulatory requirements related to contracts with customers, suppliers, and partners; FAR/DFAR and SBIR contracts.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat.
- Some experience managing other contracts professionals is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Costpoint and Filemaker Pro a plus.
- Experience with DCMA or DCAA audits a plus.
- Ability to work with internal employees and external customers in person or on the phone to resolve a variety of contracting issues. Ability to work with all levels of management and provide direction to other departments as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Ability to draft clauses and correspondence.
- U.S. citizenship required.