Seeking a System Safety Engineer who will be the safety subject matter expert for military avionics processor systems, radio frequency sensor systems, control systems, and/or other innovative technological solutions. BS/MS in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, 2 years safety engineering experience and U.S. citizenship is required.
- Primary responsibility will be as the Safety Engineer for a family of LRU/WRA products. Secondary responsibility will be as a Systems Engineer to support the same family of LRU/WRA products.
- Responsible for generating typical safety related documentation: PSSA/SSA, FHA, FMECA, FTA, etc.
- Review the engineering team's outputs (e.g. requirements, procedures, ECOs, etc.) with a critical eye toward safety impacts
- Act as the point-of-contact for customer Safety Engineer’s communications
- Support the lead Systems Engineer with requirements management and verification
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace from top tier schools
- 2+ years of safety engineering experience with avionics processor systems, RF sensor systems, control systems, and/or innovative technological solutions.
- Experience in systems engineering with an aerospace background
- Experience with ITEM Software is a plus
- Experience with DO-178 and DO-254 is a plus; successful program FAA certification or government certifiability is a plus
- Experience with ARP4761 Safety Assessments for hardware or software is a plus
- Efficiently multi-task and commit to working under deadlines
- Good attitude, high communication skills imperative
- U.S. Citizenship required.