Seeking a Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer who will design, develop, create and modify both analog and digital electronic hardware for avionics, surveillance and sensor systems. MSEE, 5+ years in development of electronic hardware for avionics, surveillance and/or sensor systems and US Citizenship a must. Read on for details.
- You'll be the SME on the development and documentation of electronic hardware specifications from higher-level system specifications and user/customer requirements.
- Perform hands-on end to end hardware development (planning, designing, implementation, and testing/benchmarking) with on-going programs and IR&D projects.
- Lead the development of analog, digital, and mixed-signal electronic hardware architecture and designs leveraging latest advances in commercial-off-the-shelf embedded hardware solutions and development of custom hardware boards where necessary.
- Optimization of electronic hardware with respect to size, weight and power (SWAP)
- Provide technical guidance related to electronic hardware to influence avionics, surveillance and sensor system designs
- Adhere to internal configuration management (CM) and quality assurance processes and documenting hardware development in compliance with regulations (e.g. DO-254)
- Provide technical write-ups related to electronics to support bids and proposals and system-level hardware and hardware-software integration with the technical staff.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. PhD is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in development of electronic hardware for avionics, surveillance and/or sensor systems.
- Expert level knowledge in common design/schematics & circuit simulation tools such as ORCAD, PCAD, and others. Expert at outsourcing layout, PCB fabrication, board population and other tasks requiring specialized vendor services.
- Knowledge of integration of avionics-certified electronic boards and backplanes (GE embedded systems, extreme engineering, etc.) into stand-alone systems.
- Experience in interface design and connectorization.
- Knowledge of electronic packaging with thermal and mechanical considerations.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic interference (EMI) issues in electronic hardware design.
- Familiarity with configuration management (CM) tools and DO-254 process.
- Experience in integration of commercially available high-speed time-gated analog electronics into sensor systems is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and experience in technical writing to produce hardware documentation.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.