Seeking a Sr. Principal Engineer with an engineering degree (EE preferred) and a strong background in Avionics with hands-on experience in Software, Hardware & Mechanical Systems. This is a high level position where you'll provide technical leadership and ensure the technical integrity of the Mission Systems divisions programs. This includes all aspects of the program and ensures all requirements are defined and met. The Sr. Principal Engineer will:
- Act as the primary technical interface to the customer and customer engineering organization
- Be responsible for the technical elements of SOWs, proposals, and other deliverables
- Oversee all Mission Systems Division engineering activities, including concept formulation, preliminary design, detailed design, system modification, hardware/software development, and system testing
- Manage day-to-day operation of the Mission Systems engineering organization
- Report directly to the Corporate VP, Mission Systems
- Lead the strategic and tactical direction for the Mission Systems Division, including architecture, design, implementation, and full hardware/ software development life cycle.
- Hire, develop and manage team that will work closely with customers and cross-functional teams to derive requirements, architect, design, implement and test hardware/software systems using Integrity, Linux, VxWorks, and other operating systems. In addition to assisting with hardware design, the team will also define and develop the OS BSP/drivers and middleware.
- Drive customer engagement and create strategic partnerships that foster growth of the overall Mission Systems business.
- Accountable for timely execution and successful delivery of new products and ensure technical specifications and meet customer needs/requirements.
- Initiate and compose technical proposals, and review proposals written by others.
- Ensure development and communication of all pertinent documentation, such as CR D, SOW, Release Notes, etc.
- Lead/mentor team in completing their assignments, and coordinate assignments with other project team members.
- Ensure the accuracy/appropriateness of all work products from activities and team members.
- Ensure project development plans are realistic and address risks.
- Work with customers and direct team to solve field problems, and to participate in field testing.
- Provide and support technical liaison between customers, engineering, and other non-engineering functional groups.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Strong background in avionics development
- Hands-on technical experience in Software, Hardware and Mechanical Systems engineering
- Familiarity in designing system software for PPC, ARM and x86 based platforms
- Familiarity with hardware design, block diagrams and schematics
- Thought leader in the Mil/Aero industry with proven success in winning new business and growing a product line. (Experience writing and winning proposals a plus)
- Knowledgeable of DO-178B or certifiable software environment experience
- Must be of high integrity with mature management and organizational skills who consistently builds effective relationships. Will support/mentor cross-functional teams. Possess an open, honest and collaborative style
- Experience leading organizations through change and embracing new ways of working while delivering outstanding business results
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- U.S. Citizenship is required