Are you a seasoned UX Designer with a Bachelor's Degree and experience leading/managing a team of UX Designers? Do you have expertise in incorporating UXD work into Agile Scrum development processes? If so, read on and let's talk.
The UX Design Manager will plan, oversee, and track the work of Human Factors Engineers, Interaction Designers, Industrial Designers, and Visual Designers across multiple projects. These team members conduct customer research and create deliverables such as usability testing, user needs analyses, task flow analyses, ethnography reports, journey maps, use error analyses, low- and high-fidelity prototypes, interaction specifications, and pixel perfect screen assets. The Technologies Solutions group develops next-generation cloud-based software solutions used by various hospital clinicians and administrators. The individual in this position will work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional team, in an Agile SCRUM environment, to deliver products with best-in class user experience.
The UXD Manager will collaborate with Marketing/Product Management and Engineering leaders to drive user-centric design strategies and practices across projects and platforms. The Manager must be able to approach the HF/UE design process in a flexible and creative manner. This position is extremely collaborative and requires a high degree of social savvy, professionalism, and empathy for the customer.
- Mobilize UXD team members to serve as liaisons between business, creative, and technical teams, and work with development teams to help design workflows and user interfaces that effectively support user needs
- Build, grow, and manage a team of user experience, industrial and user interface designers
- Provide UXD budgeting, scoping, and project definition creation
- Manage all aspects of UXD staffing, training, managing, and product deliverables end to end for multiple project
- Work closely with Product Managers to help align product development with customer needs and effectively translate into best-in-class solutions
- Collaborate with key product stakeholders to understand and support business goals for existing and new products, and to ensure those goals are supported in the solution design
- Work with UX team to plan, usability test, develop success criteria, analyze results, and provide recommendations in accordance with FDA and other regulatory guidance (where applicable)
- BA or MA with focus in user-centered design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design; or 10 years equivalent experience working as a human factors engineer or interaction designer plus proven leadership and project management skills
- 7-10 years of UXD management experience with a demonstrated track record of success in designing multiple simultaneous, complex systems in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Charismatic leadership style with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Able to interact effectively with product and development teams at all levels, fostering strong relationships
- Possess strong interaction, user experience, and industrial design backgrounds
- Able to dive into the details (when needed) in order to keep management well informed on status
- Strong leadership, project management, consensus-building, negotiation, and decision-making skills, coupled with sound judgment
- Able to lead, inspire, and organize design teams to deliver top notch experiences through user-centric design methodologies
- Expertise in incorporating UXD work into Agile Scrum development processes
- Experience driving strong UXD work for healthcare devices and FDA experience in product design and development, including hardware and software is a plus